Wednesday, May 7, 2008

things i love about texas!

Well, I was driving home from the grocery store and reminded of just a few of the things I love about Texas...
1. wearing flip flops/shorts for at least 10 months a year!
2. lots of 'seasonal' fruits that are available much earlier than we were used to in the midwest... strawberries, watermelon, corn on the cob, just to name a few!
3. the weather here in the spring and fall is amazing!

That's really the only update I have for today. I think I'm on the verge of exploding due to watermelon overload! (but it's sooo good!!!)

and only 15 days til we head back to 'sconny - we are super excited about the upcoming weddings! and to see our family and friends back at home!

1 comment:

Kari Hornaday said...

I miss you guys. I'm hoping we can get out to Texas in the next year. I'm pretty sure we'll be in Florida in November, or whenever Brian and Loey decide to get married. :) We're hoping both of us can go, meaning Steve getting the vacation off from work and both of us having the money for plane tickets. Yay!I really will want a break from the rain here in the winter though, and I want to show Steve Juarez and the markets. So, we'll pray about it and see what happens. I miss you guys lots and lots and love you even more!