Saturday, August 9, 2008

Phil made me update our blog before I could go to Sam's Club

Sorry we haven't updated lately. It's been so long, and I keep hoping to update everyone with a nice recap of what we have been up to, but it seems too daunting , so I'll just skip it altogether! (or maybe if I don't have a job it'll get done)

Anyhow - as of Thursday, we are back in El Paso. We have enjoyed a very pleasant, leisurely summer travelling and visiting with family and friends. If anyone is unsure of what you want to go to college for, I would highly recommend teaching. Other than the two week break at Christmas, week at Spring Break, other random federal holidays, they offer 2 1/2 months vacation in the summer! Who wouldn't want this kind of schedule?!?! (The jobs may be a little hard to find in the beginning, but the vacation time is priceless!)

Now that we are back in El Paso, we are hunting for a place to live. Jon and Tess Polasek are graciously allowing us to live with them until we find a place or they get sick of us. After almost 3 months of living out of a suitcase it will be nice to have our own place. (We are also praying for Joanna to get a job in El Paso in the next few days before we commit to something!)

Thank you to all of you who "hosted" us this summer... our parents, Mike & Renee, Joey & Bethany, Joe & Anna. We are so thankful for your hospitality and encouraged by the time we could spend with all of you!
-Patty











As we drove into El Paso we were amazed by how green everything is! It's beautiful! We "celebrated" by going on a nice long hike with Jon & Tess this morning. Better photos to follow. There are flowers, real grass,trees-it's incredible!!



1 comment:

Kari Hornaday said...

Yay! I'm glad Phil made you post something. I'm glad you both had a safe trip home. Steve and I went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium and the beach in Newport on Saturday. It was really awesome. We had a really good time on the beach. I was watching Oregon surfers... I thought they were pretty silly since they all left before the big waves even started! Come on! Anyway, are you guys ready for the new school year to start soon?