Saturday, May 9, 2009

Home


June 6th, 2009

That's four weeks from today. That's also the day I get to say goodbye to El Paso. El Paso has been an amazing place to live over the last two years and we have been incredible blessed so many ways. I really love my job here and I have been able to work with some wonderful colleagues and teach some great kids. The Lord has also put some great people in our life throughout the last two years. He's used this time to teach us. He taught me I am capable of a lot more than I believed. He's taught me that there is too much to learn to ever stop learning. He's taught me that where ever we go he's there to care for us and the most important thing,money is nice, a good job can provide some satisfaction but none of that compares to home. I've realized over the last two years how important family is and how much I miss the rolling green hills and valleys of SW Wisconsin. So on June 6th, 2009 I will bid adios to El Paso and drive back to Wisconsin and back to my family, my friends and my home. That said, this is going to be the longest 4 weeks of my life. ~Phil

2 comments:

Kari Hornaday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kari Hornaday said...

So I should be smiling after reading that, and I am, but I'm tearing up too. I have no idea if I'll ever call that home again, but those rolling hills and green valleys will always be a part of my heart. The good old saying "You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy" is true. :) I'm so happy you guys will have the amazing opportunity to raise your family there! We're praying for you! Happy Birthday, Patty!!!